Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 1 - Eric

Caution! If you are traveling with your spouse, do not start the 40 Day Love Dare on that day.

Being patient the morning you are flying out of town together?????

So I made it through the first day but...

My day started off with packing for a flight with Jennifer to Kansas City for several meetings.

Jennifer placed a red hot, flat iron in the suitcase as I was packing it. So when I grabbed it you can guess what happened - I got burnt. So how did I react? I simply asked the question, "did you place this thing in the suitcase hot?" Not sure if that is all I said but... All she said was, "did I melt anything?" I totally bit my tongue and did not say a word...

Then, we are trying to leave and as we head to the airport I notice the entire street has their trash cans out, but do we? No. That is the job of Hudson, our oldest, and since he spent the night at a friend's house, I figured she would have made sure he took care of this beforehand. NOT!

Then we are rushing to leave and I realize that we did not need to rush but because Jennifer has set every clock in the house 5 minutes early so we are fine, yes FINE. My clock in my car is the right time, so how does this make sense? Jennifer said it totally makes sense so I'm sure it does...

Love is patient? This was a tough one! To say the least I had to stop myself several times and just back off. I found that as the day went by it became natural to not react or not say something negative. I learned that practicing PATIENCE really makes your married life much more enjoyable.

So, that's Day 1. Before I sign off, I wanted to suggest a great idea. I think you and your significant other need to join Jennifer and me and take the 40 Day Love Dare challenge with us!

I am sure Jennifer will share her side of Day #1 with you soon...

Eric Garcia

5 comments:

Lily Whalen said...

I am going to start this in about a month. Not sure if spouse and I will do it together or if I'll do it on my own. I will follow your journey with interest. All the best to you and Jennifer!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being an inspiration. If this doesnt' post on Jennifer's blogs, please tell her the same. I could relate easily to both of you!

Unknown said...

Hello. The reason why I'm here is obvious. Could you tell me from your experience: if my wife is away on business, could it work? I mean I am the only one who will do the Love Dare, she doesn't know about this. I really want to do this.
Thank you for your answer.
R.

Hopeful said...

I have begun doing this on my own. My spouse its no longer in the picture. She has left our marriage and cut off all communication. Can I do this on my own? Adam

Unknown said...

I want to join Eric and Jennifer for the 40 day challenge, on my own for now.
R