Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day #6 - Love is not Irritable - Eric

As I have watched individuals and couples come into this online community my mind has quickly moved away from Jennifer and walking through the 40 Day Love Dare. My heart has been broken as I see how people rate their marriages. The Message Board has notes from people seeking help and prayer.

My heart is heavy for all those wanting to see a miracle in their marriage and even those that are okay but know it can be so much more. I am committed to pray for each one of them.

In processing Dare #6 the question they ask on page 26 is, Am I a calming breeze, or a storm waiting to happen? That really hit me hard as I reflect on my 'lion' personality. How does my wife see me and what about my children?

Let's just say that sometimes it storms when I am around. This is a great one to think and pray about as a man with a type AAA personality.

I am going to take this dare and really work hard on it. Intentionality is the key for me and this 40 Day journey is giving me a great head start. One thing I have already done is stop traveling so much and this has given me margin. Margin, it directly impacts your life at every level.

2 comments:

Penny Bragg said...

Margin! We agree, Eric. We put a lot of time and space around our marriage so that it doesn't get over-run with commitments and ministry. We lost our marriage once and we don't ever want that to happen again.

Unknown said...

Can I find the daily Bible verse to read somewhere without paying?