Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day # 6 - Love is not Irritable - Jennifer

He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city. - Proverbs 16:32

What a convicting scripture they quote in day 6 of the Love Dare! I remember just a few days ago being in the car with our daughter, Erika, and her saying to me "mom, breathe!...in, out...breathe, mom" So I did. For her, I stopped being in my frenzy and just breathed!

How sad that my twelve-year old daughter had to remind me that life is way too short not to "just breathe" when the chaos of life come our way.

Why is it that the ones we love most become the most irritable to us? It takes a lot of intentionality on our part to see our spouse in a different set of lenses. That is why The Love Dare works so well. I get a chance to practice loving Eric in different ways and that keeps my focus off of myself and centered on him. That is called INTENTIONALITY! Try it for yourself, the results might amaze you!

4 comments:

Penny Bragg said...

Sometimes when we're on one of long trips on the road, it's so easy to get irritable with each other. That's when I start praying for God to change my heart, even though I'd rather have Him change Clint. :)

Ayeni Ekundayo said...

I love this

Ayeni Ekundayo said...

I love this!

Veronica said...

Thank you!