Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day # 25 - Love Forgives - Jennifer

Jesus forgave us so that we might forgive.... I believe this is probably one of the top reasons couples struggle in their relationship.

Many times my pride stands in the way of making things right with Eric. Not just saying sorry, but sorry for... and then admitting the wrongdoing; then going the extra mile by working hard on not doing it again!

But the concept of actually forgiving him for his wrong doing? Forgive when he doesn't ask for forgiveness? Forgive even if he doesn't deserve it? Forgive even when I'm mad and I don't want to?

If I can just get my head around the concept that Jesus forgave me even when I didn't ask for forgiveness, even when I didn't deserve it, I can better understand the unconditional love that God has for me and that I must have for Eric.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is probably one of the hardest things to do, especially when you live in the same house! But, as you said, Jesus did not demand that we ask for forgiveness, it was given to us wit no reservations. That is always a powerful reminder to me.

Eric and Jennifer Garcia said...

Paige, I agree with you it is very hard, especially when a person has been hurt over and over again in the same way.
But with God all things are possible, we have to believe that or we have no hope!
Jennifer